Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

witty oneliners from dorothy parker

The Words of Dorothy Parker
His voice was intimate as the rustle of sheets.

Take care of luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.

You can't teach an old dogma new tricks.

The two most beautiful words in the English language are 'cheque enclosed'

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

The only ism Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.

I don't care what is written about me as long as it isn't true.

This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.

Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.

The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of their tires.

Salary is no object: I want only enough to keep body and soul apart.

( Explaining why she was fired) Vanity fair was a magazine of no opinions, and I had opinions.

I dream of a rural life - raising cheques.

I know this will come as a shock to you, Mr. (Sam) Goldwyn, but in all history, which has held billions and billions of human beings, not a single one ever had a happy ending.

Stop looking at the world through rose colored bifocals.



No comments: