Blog Archive

Sunday, May 30, 2010

IIT topper in TN did not miss an IPL match

IIT topper in TN did not miss an IPL match


Express News Service
First Published : 27 May 2010 04:50:37 AM IST
Last Updated : 27 May 2010 05:26:01 AM IST

CHENNAI: For S Nivvedan (17), who stood 113th the IIT entrance examination rank list, which made him the topper in the Tamil Nadu and Kerala regions, clearing the test was like a cakewalk. For, he didn't miss a single IPL match this season.

He took the integrated course offered by FIITJEE at Maharishi Vidya Mandir.

"Since it was integrated with my school course we found it easier to study. It is not how much extra you study but how deep you study your subject that matters," he said.

While Nivvedan wants to become a politician, his mother wants him to get an MBA and his father wants him to join the family business. "I don't want to study in IITC though it one of the best places. I want to go to Mumbai or Delhi so that I can explore a new city," he says.

His friend Siddhartha S, who stood third in the State and 203 at the allIndia level got into the IIT mania by sheer influence. "Nivvedan and I have been studying for seven years together and hence IIT was a natural choice of study option after he urged me to pursue it. I want to become a manager in the corporate sector after I doing my MBA," he said.

According to various IITJEE coaching centres in the city, Chennai students scored more ranks than last year.

To celebrate the success, FIITJEE called its 150 students at Maharishi Vidya Mandir to cut a fivefoot long cake.


No comments: