Friday, March 26, 2010

great quotes from linkedin

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

~Wayne Gretzky


One of my favorites is “Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first base.” Frederick Wilcox

For me it reminds me I need to get out of my comfort zone to grow professionally and personally.


"That which does not kill us makes us stronger!" Klingon proverb

This saying took me through two bouts of cancer, two previous layoffs, and my current downsizing. It reminds me I can get through anything and some good will come of it.

My second favorite is, "If a midget stands on the shoulders of a giant, he can't help but be taller."

This I learned in Karate back when I was young and skinny. It meant that there will always be people who know less than you that you need to help. And there will always be people who know more than you that you can learn from. And in the process, both will prosper.

Finally the Karate saying, "There is no pain, only the pleasure of learning." I usually heard that one right after missing a block. 0 : >


"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in Affrica, a lion wakes up. It knows it must out run the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
It does not matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle;
When the sun comes up, you'd better be running."


"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity."


"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Vince Lombardi

No comments: