Yet another milestone in the ever-vibrant FIITJEE story.
After having established itself as an icon of success and excellence in the sphere of preparing students for IITJEE, OLYMPIADS, NTSE, KVYP a strong need was felt to elevate to the next level. Next level, in terms of inspiring students to aspire for more and enable them to fulfill their aspirations.
This need also stems from the fact that :
* Even though the IITs are the best institutes in India and are among the good technical institutes in the world today, but they still are not among the best in the world. The current ranking of IIT (Highest is for IIT Mumbai) is 36 ( Source:www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-colleges/2009/06/18/worlds-best-colleges-engineering-and-it-universities.html1) in the list of best institutes for Engineering and among the all Universities the best is for IIT Delhi which is placed at a rank of 154. ( Source:www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-colleges/2009/06/18/worlds-best-colleges-top-400.html)
* No wonder, why most of the B Tech Graduates from IITs choose universities / institutions in the US for their higher studies.
* And no wonder why top most FIITJEE students – who otherwise would definitely be among the top 10 in IIT-JEE, prefer to seek admissions in top US Universities at the under graduate level only.
* Since last 4 years, FIITJEE has been providing able coaching to interested students of Ascent+, Supreme & Pinnacle School Programs for admission to US Universities.
* In fact, some of these FIITJEE students have been topping at the world level.
These facts germinated an idea in our minds. An idea to provide deserving students a platform, an environment, where their aspirations are not limited only to the IITs. Where they can break all the barriers and seek to make a name for themselves and their country across the boundaries. Where they can look for opportunities beyond IITs and actually aspire to go to the best institutions in the world – right after their schooling. However, this needed a paradigm shift in the way school education is handled currently.
FIITJEE continuing with its tradition of innovation and setting new benchmarks in the education domain has conceptualized and embarked onto the path of establishing FIITJEE World Schools for students of class VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI & XII. FIITJEE World Schools is a concentrated effort towards preparing students for admission to universities in the USA within the regular school timings.
Goals of FIITJEE WORLD SCHOOLS
*Preparing students for admission in US Universities - in all Science Streams, Engineering & Medical faculties.
* To create success for students in various competitive & scholastic exams in India and finally enable students to secure admission in prestigious colleges / universities of United States of America.
* Students will be prepared extensively for Advance Placement Tests (US College Board), SAT-II subject tests (US College Board), SAT-I and TOEFL.
* To prepare students for admission into colleges / institutes / universities ahead of IITs in the World Rankings
Needless to say, these students will, in any case be very well prepared for IIT-JEE, KVPY & Olympiads.
Initially these World Schools will be operational at Hyderabad from March, 2010 at the following locations :
1. S. R. Nagar
3. Narayanguda / Saifabad
FIITJEE World Schools at Hyderabad will be affiliated to SSC Board – Andhra Pradesh (till class X) and subsequently we plan to introduce International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum also. The International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum is the most accepted curriculum for admission to US Universities. However, the students will have a choice to choose the board of their preference.
FIITJEE WORLD SCHOOL – The Ideal School
Curriculum: In line with the requirement to prepare students for a Global Higher Education Scenario, the curriculum will cover syllabi of IB, IGCSE, CBSE, ICSE & SSC Board – Andhra Pradesh.
Creating Global Indian Citizens: Recognizing the fact that schools need to play a proactive role in nurturing and developing personalities and preparing the students as global citizens with a strong grounding in Indian Value system, FIITJEE World Schools aim for:
1. Proficient & confident communication ability for each & every student.
2. Inculcating sports / exercises as a discipline for physical fitness throughout the life for each student.
3. Improvement of memory & IQ, mental, physical & spiritual well being, awareness & growth with intensive yoga & meditation for each student.
4. Instilling Indian culture & values for each student, not to learn all this as History & Geography but learn to live like that.
5. Developing personality traits (focus, effective communication, leadership ability, determination, strategic planning, pro-active approach, handling failures, stress, etc.) & positive attitude required for success. (This is what corporate sector tries to teach employees who are 25 - 55+ years of age and hardly respond to changes required) (This post has been Copied from FTRE brochure for complete details refer to FTRE brochure available at www.fiitjee.com)