Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Things First and Then Internet Surfing

Googling and Surfing is a dangerous business. Beware!. So many alluring things, looks like you can keep learning something or the other for a life time but don't forget your priorities. Sometimes I forget - what did I start searching in the first place. You wanted to know something very precise yet you are taken for a ride (You end up wasting hours and hours reading unimportant stuff). First Things First and then Internet surfing. (Things look very fancy and Indeed they are fancy but what if they have no practical relevance to you. Consider for example what will I gain practically from learning about some XYZ machine used in a Hi Biz ABC company. Sometimes it is more tricky, it looks like I am learning something about my life. Consider surfing something about anthropology or Psychiatry. Now it looks that these are related to me as a human being but what about my more specific nature, - Me as a FIITJEE employee, Me as a father of a 2.5 year old, Me as a husband of a simple wife.

It is not that one can't read interesting stuff for entertainment, but one must understand it at its place value and not fool himself. There may be times to put entertainment first but such times are less than the actual instances when entertainment is actually put first.

I believe in stoicism (If I got it right!). The purpose of life is to achieve long term happiness (sometimes it requires sacrifice of short term happiness) and the ultimate goal is to achieve a tranquil mind free from all kinds of disturbances.

Now enough entertainment ;)
I still have two important tasks to finish:
1. Letter to Manish Anand
2. A cicular to all the people involved in recruitment.

No comments: